Virtual Executive Assistant needed for Chairman 3 days per week with flexibility of days and hours worked. This is a work from home position but must be based in the New York/Tristate area as one day in the office will likely be required starting in September with ability to travel to Bridgehampton also required.
GENERAL NATURE OF POSITION:
Reporting directly to the Senior Advisor, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact and liaison both internally and externally, providing both personal and professional assistance.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for the development, organization and coordination of administrative operations, procedures and resources to facilitate effectiveness and efficiency of the Senior Advisor’s Office for business and personal events. This position is privy to highly confidential and sensitive materials requiring diplomacy and discretion.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Works independently and with little supervision.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Senior Advisor including: managing calendar of appointments, completing expense reports, composing and preparing correspondence that is often highly confidential, arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the Senior Advisor’s calendar is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” role, creating direct access to Senior Advisor’s time and office
- Works closely with Senior Advisor to keep him informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Proactively anticipates obstacles, prioritizing conflicting needs, handling matters expeditiously and following through on projects to successful completion.
- Independently investigates problems and projects and determines methods of research, data and information requirements.
- Assist with personal projects, calendar, billing and expenses
- Receives and screens communications to the Senior Advisor including, but not limited to, telephone calls and e-mail messages. Uses independent judgment to determine those requiring immediate attention.
- Receives and distributes incoming mail; reviews and evaluates mail to identify those items requiring immediate attention. Prepares materials for the executive’s review. Determines communications requiring action and routes communication to appropriate personnel.
- Plans and secures arrangements for off-site meetings/ events.
- Maintains a variety of complex records and files related to operations and functions,
including material of a highly confidential nature (personal files, working files, and
- Manages personal matters and projects and other office duties as assigned to
include, but is not limited to:
o Personal travel arrangements and oversight to include serving as the liaison
with travel concierge services for bookings/ itineraries, air and ground
o Personal errands as requested
o Oversight and support coordinating any personal home support/ staff (i.e.
housekeeping, repairs/ maintenance, etc.)
o Coordination, as needed, with bookkeeper for financial matters and insurance
carriers for reimbursements and claim submission
o Arrangements for business events, golf outings, business and/or personal
Flexibility, Analysis and Judgment, Communication Confidentiality / Trustworthy, Business Acumen, Initiative, Independence, Decisiveness
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Forward- looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
• Emotional maturity- proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer service/ response
• Display assertiveness and high level of integrity
• Strong work ethic, 5 to 10 years’ experience supporting C-Suite Level Executives, preferred
• Proven experience working in a high-energy, demanding, multi-tasking environment; experience providing administrative and logistical and personal support to a top executive; experience with scheduling, travel arrangements, financial reimbursements, communicating with senior level internal and external contacts; ability to shift priorities; superior organizational skills; advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), filing systems management, etc.
• Communicate effectively with co-workers, senior level internal and external contacts and representatives of public and private organizations to exchange and convey information; maintain confidentiality of privileged information
• Organize work, coordinating projects, setting priorities, meeting deadlines and following up on assignments; must be able to work independently and with minimum direction.
• Knowledge of principles and business letter writing and basic report preparation
• Ability to work outside the standard workday, as needed, to address personal matters on behalf of the Executive
Salary DOE with full benefits package being offered.
For more information about applying and what we are seeking, please review our candidate portal and FAQ’s: FAQ Candidates
Don’t judge a cactus by it’s prickly outside! Learn more about this unique plant here: https://www.desertmuseum.org/kids/oz/long-fact-sheets/Saguaro%20Cactus.php
|Job Category||Closed Job|
|Benefits||Full Benefits package|