PROPERTY/MAINTENANCE MANGER FOR MALIBU PROPERTY – LOCALS IN CALIFORNIA ONLY
Please read entire job description before submitting your résumé.
Our wonderful clients are seeking a knowledgeable and proactive Property Manager/Maintenance Manager to oversee the maintenance of a beautiful Malibu property that sits on an acre; the home itself is 4,700 sq ft.
This full-time position requires expertise in landscaping and familiarity with the specific challenges and requirements of the terrain and area. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the property is well-maintained, the landscaping and irrigation systems are properly handled, and the outdoor areas are kept in pristine condition. Support of all handyman/maintenance needs. A proactive not reactive personality would work best here. You must have landscaping and handyman skills.
There is an Estate Manager and other staff at client’s Hollywood home. One houskeeper in Malibu is the only other full time staff on this property.
We are seeking a local Southern California candidate for this role. Outside of Southern California will not be considered.
- Oversee all aspects of landscaping, including regular maintenance, planting, irrigation, and addressing any issues that may arise.
- Ensure the paddle court, brand new grass, and existing landscaping are well taken care of.
- Manage and maintain the new outdoor furniture, and all outdoor accessories are in excellent condition.
- Proactively identify potential landscaping and other improvements and propose ideas to enhance the property.
- Collaborate with contractors and suppliers to coordinate on existing projects such as adding another seating area outside, installing solar panels, re-doing the top of the driveway, and remodeling a guest house.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the property’s terrain and landscape, providing insights and recommendations for optimizing its maintenance and aesthetics.
- Conduct regular inspections to identify any maintenance or repair needs, taking immediate action or coordinating with relevant professionals to address them promptly.
- Collaborate with the property owners to understand their specific preferences and requirements for the property.
- Be available for flexible interviewing schedules to ensure the right candidates are selected for any required landscaping or maintenance positions.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in landscaping, with at least 30% of the role dedicated to landscaping responsibilities.
- Familiarity with the unique challenges and considerations of the Topanga/Malibu area’s terrain and climate.
- Proven ability to oversee irrigation systems and address any related issues.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills to prioritize tasks and handle multiple ongoing projects.
- Strong problem-solving skills to address unexpected landscaping or property maintenance challenges.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, being proactive in maintaining the property rather than reactive.
- Previous experience managing properties of a similar size or complexity is preferred.
- Previous experience as a contractor/handyman and doing maintenance repairs.
- Live near the Malibu area (Valley/Oxnard/County Line/Thousand Oaks, Canoga Park, etc.).
- Availability to work Monday to Friday, with occasional rare weekend duties.
Location: Malibu, CA
Contract Length: Full-time/permanent
Schedule: Monday-Friday with occasional weekends
Salary: $55-$60 per hour DOE, plus benefits, and 401k offered
Must pass background and reference check
For more information about what we require and to be considered please review: FAQ Candidates
|Job Category||Closed Job|
|Salary||$55-$60 per hour DOE|
|Benefits||plus benefits, and 401k offered|