PRIVATE CHEF NEEDED FOR EUROPEAN FAMILY IN LOS ANGELES, CA
The job duties of the Private Chef will generally be performed five days per week onsite, Monday – Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. with a 30 minute unpaid meal break. Employee’s primary responsibility is to ensure that the culinary needs of the Family, household staff and, where appropriate, the principal’s guests are met. The job duties of the Private Chef, which are subject to amendment from time-to-time in Employer’s sole discretion, shall include the following:
- In liaison with the Employer and the principals, developing appropriate meal plans for each member of the family, taking into account the specific needs for each individual.
- Providing precooked weekend meals, including menus and instructions for others to prepare.
- Developing appropriate meal plans for household staff.
- Creating menus for family meals and private dinner parties, where required.
- Managing all kitchen supplies, ensuring the pantries and refrigerators are appropriately stocked at all time (including soft drinks and alcohol).
- Maintaining the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen at all times, including general maintenance of equipment.
- Sourcing, shopping, ordering and taking delivery of high quality, fresh and organic ingredients.
- Effectively managing a food and beverage budget in line with the Employer’s requirements.
- Preparing, cooking and serving the family (and where appropriate, their guests) with high quality and nutritious meals, drinks and snacks.
- Preparing and cooking meals for household staff.
- In liaison with the principals, Estate and House Managers, assisting in the planning and organizing for private parties and functions and managing the catering requirements for such events.
- Caring and maintaining all kitchen equipment, crockery and tableware.
- Ensuring health and safety guidelines are followed at all times.
- Ensuring that the highest levels of food hygiene are maintained at all times.
- Assisting with occasional errands and driving duties, as needed.
- Keeping accurate household records and record of petty cash expenditures.
Timekeeping and punctuality are an important part of the Employee’s job duties. Employee must accurately record all hours worked, including time for meal breaks and when leaving the premises for personal reasons. If Employee is called back to work after the regular shift has ended, Employee must record that time as well. If Employee works off the premises, that time must also be recorded.
Smoking and the use of illegal drugs or other drugs which may impair performance and/or alcohol is prohibited on the premises of the Family residence(s) and in the presence of the principals children, regardless of whether or not Employee is in the course of performing duties for Employer.
The above job description is not exhaustive and Employer reserves the right to reasonably vary the job duties and assign additional job duties from time to time.
This is a temporary position until March, if you are a great fit for the family and have a dual US and EU passport, then they may keep you on.
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Schedule: Temporary until March. Monday – Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. with a 30 minute unpaid meal break must be flexible for weekends and travel
Compensation: $625 a day+ overtime
Must pass full background and reference check.
For more information, please refer to our candidate page: FAQ Candidates
|Job Category||Closed Job|
|Salary||$625 a day+Overtime|