Experienced private chef needed for Montecito family – relocation and travel offered. Health conscious family of six, currently in the Santa Barbara County in Montecito, but regularly travel during the summer to the East Coast. This is a full time, permanent position with a great salary, relocation assistance is being offered.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a candidate who takes the utmost pride in their craft. We are looking for a polished Chef who understands the totality of their role beyond cooking, so the principals can enjoy a culinary experience rather than a cooked meal. We will be encouraging our chef to take ownership of the kitchen daily and for special occasions.
- Manage kitchen inventory including, but limited to restocking groceries, restocking pantry, discarding all expired foods and discarding left overs in a timely manner
- Creation of daily menus for each meal in addition to special occasions
- Grocery shopping in an efficient manner to maximize time; discerning what to order online (i.e. Instacart) and what to purchase in store
- Proficiency in F&B service, table setting and table service, ensuring the family and guests eat their meals at the same time
- Create all possible ingredients and meals from scratch
- Cook and prepare for various meal preferences, food pallets and dietary restrictions
- Prepare cold breakfast for principals to enjoy the following morning as well as catering for their flights
- Hyperaware of meal nutrition (i.e. calories, fat and etc.), and proficient in cooking healthy yet tasting meals
- Maintain a clean and organized kitchen for your duties as well as the principal(s) in the event they desire to cook in your absence; keep spice drawers organized
- Utilize vegetables and herbs from garden
- Cheerfully work collectively with other household staff to ensure meals coincide with family schedules
- Open, welcoming and receptive to feedback
- Travel to east coast property as needed
- Must have a Culinary degree
- Restaurant background preferred
- Local to the Montecito/LA area preferred
- Takes pride in their craft, but does not have an ego
- Warmly welcomes and encourages feedback so he/she can perfect the principals preferences
- Excited and comfortable entertaining and providing an amazing guest experience.
- Enjoys and works well with children
- Clean, organized and neat during prep, cooking and clean up
- Ability to manage kitchen – restock, organization, clean out expired foods, and etc.
- Forward thinking and attentive
- Great leadership – will have assistance from housekeeper
- Enjoys making food from scratch
- Loves private service
Salary & Benefits
TBD – Benefits included, health, dental and vision along with PTO. Relocation for the right candidate.
For complete details on what is required to apply, please visit FAQ Candidates
Great places to eat in the East Coast known for their cultural diversity.https://theculturetrip.com/north-america/usa/articles/the-10-best-spots-for-foodies-on-the-east-coast/
|Job Category||Closed Job|