ORGANIZED FAMILY ASSISTANT/NANNY FOR BUSY FAMILY OF 5 IN NYC
Very busy family with three children under the age of 13 and one on the way, are seeking a super organized Family Assistant/Nanny. You will divide your time 50/50 with both jobs; as the Family Assistant, they need someone who has good management skills and ability to liaise with other household staff while being a team player, and helping with the children, working with the weekly sitter and handling overflow and childcare as needed. The perfect candidate will be flexible, proactive, autonomous and energetic. As the Family Assistant you collaborate with the other staff, be able to manage the children’s schedules (outings and various appointments, sports and classes after school). Putting systems in place to keep everyone track. This is NOT a formal family, a creative individual who can go with the flow is the best type of candidate for this household. Prefer Family Assistant/ Nanny who is local to New York City.
Traveling is required, you must be available during the summer (July-August) and able to travel between the city and Bridgehampton. If living-in for the summer is easier, family are open to having Family Assistant live-in, alternatively you will be going back and forth several days/week from late July to end of August to work with them.
Long-time staff includes: 2 Housekeepers (One full-time and one part-time), tutors, babysitter, Driver and Chef. You will be working with the staff on staff schedules, inventories, purchases for Chef needs, household supplying and provisioning and all other ad-hoc needs.
The duties include but are not limited to:
- Playing sports and engaging in activities with children
- Taking children to activities
- Running errands
- Coordinating household needs and connecting the dots between family/staff members/household
- Adept with Google Suite; handling heavy calendars for family and staff
- Traveling with family as needed to Hamptons home during summer months
- Nanny 50% of the time, with ability to work on weekend day or night as needed (not every weekend)
- Minimum of five years’ experience
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to work well with multiple staff
Location: New York with ability to travel
Contract Length: Full-time/permanent
Start Date: Immediately
Children: Family of 5 with 3 children (one on the way)
Working Days: Monday through Friday with an occasional weekend day/night
Working Hours: 12-7 PM (but flexible!)
Accommodation: Live out
For more information about what we require and to be considered please review: FAQ Candidates
|Job Category||Closed Job|