Our clients, who are British and have a residence in LA, are looking to employ a live-out Housekeeper/Cook for their substantial, fully staffed LA residence. The role is LA-based, however, there may be expectation to travel throughout the US and occasionally abroad. Hours are Monday to Friday, 10.00am-7.00pm but must be flexible and willing to adapt to occasional changes in days and hours.
Extremely high level of cleaning, good cooking skills, fine eye for detail and willingness to travel when required are key for this role. The candidate must be well-presented, discreet and have proven longevity within their previous roles.
Duties will include:
- Full housekeeping support: maintaining house and garden areas throughout the day, keeping them clean, sanitized and tidy.
- General laundry and ironing for household, including daily laundry, ironing and change of towels plus weekly change of bedding.
- Laundress duties: washing, ironing and steaming plus organizing clothes, shoes etc to dry cleaners etc.
- Maintain up-keep of furniture, art, china, collectibles, crystal and silver polishing.
- Check all lights in garden and house and replace bulbs.
- Sweep and clean down all outside spaces and furnishings.
- Organizing trash and recycling and liaising with management for removal of larger items.
- Keeping windows and glass doors cleaned and liaising with window cleaners.
- Keep constant supply of household essentials (water, coffee etc) and cleaning materials.
- Arrange magazines, newspapers and flowers.
- Maintaining wine supplies as required.
- Turning on and off lights, lighting candles and lanterns in garden and house in the evenings.
- Prepare for arrival of visitors and various needs when staying.
- Assistance with luggage, packing and unpacking for journeys.
- Shopping and ad hoc errands as required.
- Keeping accurate accounts of expenditure and submitting receipts and Excel account of expenses monthly.
- Identify and reporting on works and repairs needed within the residence and reporting maintenance, faulty equipment etc.
- Arranging upholstery, rug, curtain and mattress cleaning bi-annually when Principals are not in residence.
- Coordinating deliveries and maintenance visits.
- Cooking of simple, tasty, classic meals.
Before applying for the role, please note the following requirements:
- Preferably good spoken English, neat appearance, experience of working in a substantial residence which is kept to a very high standard.
- Proven longevity 4-5 years in each previous role
- Glowing references (the Principals will follow up personally with previous employers with your permission)
- Available to travel within the US and possibly abroad on occasions
- Must like dogs
Days of Work: Monday to Friday, 10.00am-7.00pm
Please review our FAQs here: FAQ Candidates
Interesting article regarding the Housekeeper’s role per Wikipedia! Check this out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Housekeeper_(domestic_worker)
|Job Category||Closed Job|