TEMP LIVE-IN HOUSEKEEPER-SEP TO OCT- FOR CLIENT IN MALIBU, CA
Our lovely client in Malibu, is seeking a temporary experienced live-in Housekeeper comfortable with light cooking (breakfast), full time cleaning and organizing, from September to October. Must be able to live-in for the full 4 weeks.
The ideal Housekeeper will have the following traits: a professional demeanor, self-motivated and confident, energetic but calm, tech savvy (text, email, ordering online), ability to delegate with kindness and take responsibility for your job description, very detail-oriented, perceptive listener, the ability to collaborate with a team and be very flexible. Practices discretion and is extremely trustworthy. High energy, able to work long days/hours and keep yourself motivated. This is a live-out position, you must drive as the location is in Malibu near Point Dume (across PCH/not ocean side). You will have experience cleaning antiques, artwork and expensive furnishings, knowing what materials require a particular cleaning product, reading labels when doing laundry, and being careful with the home and employer’s belongings.
Housekeeper will interact daily with the principal in an intimate setting. Seeking someone who is patient and willing to learn the practices implemented according to the principal’s preference. In addition to all the traditional housekeeping duties, it requires someone who is cool under pressure and comes from a service background. There is a great team in place, a live-in domestic couple, Chef and Estate Manager.
Housekeeper and some Assistant responsibilities:
- Driving to and from appointments when needed
- Light cooking – breakfast or snacks – there is a Chef who cooks lunches and dinners
- Handling petty cash and reconciling expenditures, etc.
- Thorough deep cleaning projects
- Laundress duties: maintaining principal’s wardrobe and managing seasonal rotation of stored items, Spot cleaning and hand washing delicate items, mending as needed (Seamstress duties helpful but not required), maintenance and care of exotic materials; skins/furs, etc., changing out bed and bathroom linens (making the beds), and managing all dry cleaning; documenting what goes out and what comes in to ensure quality and care
- Shopping for and maintaining housekeeping products inventory – generally ordering supplies as needed
- Booking vendors as needed for routine repairs and service
- Overseeing vendors when needed
- Formal table setting and service
- Regular deep cleaning and daily tidying of the kitchen will be expected
- Pet Care: caring for 2 dogs and 2 birds; walking, cleaning up after, feeding and transporting dogs (the dogs have a groomer), and feeding and tiding up bird cages
- Meticulous packing and unpacking as needed
- Managing medications and vitamins (being mindful of expirations)
- Keeping Cosmetics, Skin/Hair Care products and Appliances in stock and up to date
- Caring for jewelry; cleaning, polishing, rotating as requested and caring for shoes, handbags, and any other accessory items
- Drawing baths, running errands, and any other personal requests
- Setting up for personal services on property such as: manicure/pedicure/massage, etc.
Hours are typically from 7AM-10PM (OT is offered) and the days off will be Mondays and Tuesdays, working 60-70 hours per week. Must be flexible as the schedule can change based off the principal’s needs.
Location: Malibu, CA
Contract Length: Temporary live-in/4 weeks from September to October
Start Date: September
Schedule: 60-70 hours per week (OT offered), typically from 7AM-10PM (schedule may change based on principal’s needs), days off would be Mondays and Tuesdays. Must work weekends and be flexible.
Salary: $40-$45p/h DOE
Must pass background and reference check
For more information about what we require and to be considered please review: FAQ Candidates
|Job Category||Open Job|
|Salary||$40-$45 per hour DOE|