LIVE OUT COMPANION NEEDED FOR ACTIVE SENIOR IN WHITE PLAINS, NY. MUST DRIVE, CLEAN AND COOK
We are seeking a reliable, flexible and compassionate Companion/Household Assistant to provide support and companionship to our client in White Plains, NY. This position will work approximately 3 days per week 24 hours weekly with flexibility.
The ideal Household Assistant will have excellent communication skills, comfortable with light cleaning, laundry and cooking, a clean driving record, fluent English communication, and the ability to take direction, as they will frequently interact with family members.
This position involves a range of responsibilities, including housekeeping, laundry, sorting through mail, paying household bills, grocery shopping and preparing lunch/dinner, accompanying the client to appointments, events and outings, and providing assistance with various daily tasks.
- Sort through mail and manage household bills
- Prepare lunches and dinners according to the client’s preferences
- Accompany the client to events and outings
- Take direction and effectively communicate with the client’s daughter
- Assist with scheduling and organizing social activities for the client
- Coordinate regular trips to the city for outings
- Find opportunities for the client to socialize and interact with new people
- Handle grocery shopping and prep for lunches and dinners daily
- Support with housekeeping duties in a 2-bedroom 2 bath condo
- Provide laundry care
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record (car will be provided by the client for work usage only)
- Ability to drive the client locally and occasionally to Potomac, MD, and New Jersey
- Reliable, punctual, and flexible with scheduling
- Kind, compassionate, and possess a good bedside manner
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and respect client’s privacy
- Minimum of 5 years experience required
This position offers the opportunity to work with a lovely, sharp and independent principal in a supportive and engaging environment. The principal is seeking someone who has a passion for helping others and has 5+ years’ experience in a similar role.
Location: White Plains, NY
Contract Length: Part-time/permanent
Schedule: 3 days a week, 8AM-5PM with flexibility
Salary: $35-$45 per hour DOE
Must pass background and reference check
For more information about what we require and to be considered please review: FAQ Candidates
|Job Category||Closed Job|
|Salary||$35-$45 per hour|
|Benefits||No Benefits Offered|