LIVE-IN NANNY NEEDED IN WESTCHESTER, NY – HIRING ASAP!
A private family is seeking a kind, focused, lively, and organized 5 night a week live-in nanny to care for two young children. As a nanny you will play a key role in providing care, intellectual stimulation, discipline, and entertainment for the children. You will also collaborate with the household staff to plan and prepare meals, organize activities and outings, and arrange for transportation. Our ideal candidate loves what s/he does and has at least five years of experience working as a nanny or in another role that involves in-home child care.
The household requires you to wear multiple hats and have a team spirit and flexibility. You will be expected to think and act proactively, anticipate the needs of not only the child and family, but the household staff, as well. For example, when the child is engaged in another activity not requiring your supervision or input, you will be supporting other household staff, as agreed upon in the daily briefing.
Nanny Duties and Responsibilities
- Tend to the general and basic needs of the children while providing supervision to ensure the children’s safety in day-to-day activities
- Engage children in age-appropriate activities including free play, arts and crafts, games, and reading to encourage the children’s intellectual development. Prepare a daily project or activity.
- Supervise homework and playdates and assist if needed
- Model appropriate social behaviors to encourage children’s social and emotional development, such as developing empathy and cultivating interpersonal relationships
- Teach children safe behavior based on environmental context
- Monitor the children’s behavior for irregularities pertaining to their health and well-being as well as their physical, emotional, and mental development
- In case of illness or injury, provide necessary medical attention; for example, transport the child to a doctor or hospital, take the child’s temperature, and administer medications as directed
- Instruct the children on proper health and personal care habits, such as diet, exercise, and toilet behavior; provide assistance as needed
- Assign chores as appropriate to teach the children responsibility, self-control, and self-confidence
- Praise the children for targeted behaviors to encourage appropriate conduct
- Create a safe environment for the children by removing hazards and enforcing appropriate boundaries
- Transport the children to school, extracurricular activities, social outings, and medical appointments
- Perform housekeeping tasks related to the children’s care
- Meet with the parents regularly to reflect on and plan for the children’s activities and development
Nanny Requirements and Qualifications
- College Degree
- 5+ years’ experience in childcare settings (daycare center, nursery, babysitting, nanny)
- Certification in infant and child first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Understanding of child psychology and stages of development
- Spanish speaking is a plus but not required
- Clean driver’s license
- Proficient swimmer
- Enjoy outdoor activity and play
Family is also open to a live-in rotational Nanny schedule as well.
Location: Westchester, NY
Contract Length: Perm/Live-in
Working Days: 40+ hours a week
Salary: DOE, benefits, and accommodations
Must pass full background and reference check
For more information, please refer to our candidate page: FAQ Candidates
|Job Category||Closed Job|
|Benefits||Full benefits and accommodation|