LIVE-IN DOMESTIC COUPLE NEEDED IN THE PLAINS, VA
Our high-profile client is seeking a Live-in Domestic Couple who can provide customary and professional services as a Butler and Chef (and some housekeeping) for their main residence in The Plains, Virginia USA. It is essential that you have the legal documentation in place which allows you to work in the USA.
The couple will be responsible for the general overseeing, care, cleaning and maintenance of the main house and furnishings and generally attending to the personal needs of the Principal and her family and guests.
The duties will include (but not be limited to) :
- Preparing and serving three meals per day including shopping for ingredients, consulting with the principal for menus, and cleaning of the kitchen and dining area
- Support the Housekeeper in terms of maintaining cleanliness and organization of the kitchen, sitting room and mud room
- The Chef shall see to the personal needs of the Principal during the Housekeepers’ day off
- The Butler is expected to be experienced in high end Ambassador level service, greeting guests at the door and bar tending. The Butler will also be expected to perform the ‘heavier duty’ jobs in the household
- Maintaining and managing the house including keeping accurate inventories of the kitchen items and other necessities, general shopping and keeping things in order
- Running errands
- Pickups and drop offs at airport
- Securing the house when the principal is away
- Polishing the silver and bright work
- Taking care of the 2 small dogs when needed
The couple will be required to travel with the principal to her winter residence in South Carolina from early December through until April 1st each year. In addition, they will also travel to Lexington Kentucky for approximately 5 months per year and a month or two in The Plains Virginia.
If the Principal is on personal travel during the year, the domestic couple will be required to remain at the residence to oversee and ensure security.
Extremely competitive salary
Health Insurance paid by Employer
Two (2) weeks paid vacation per year
Paid (5) days paid sick leave
Four (4) paid national holidays per year – all other recognized national holidays that employees work shall be paid at time and a half
Accommodation: Main House: 1-bedroom, 1 bath apartment separate from the main residence. South Carolina: 1 bed, bath apartment, separate to main residence. In Kentucky, the accommodation is a 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo.
Use of vehicle for work related transportation
- English speaking
- Embassy level experience
- Pets will be considered
Location: The Plains, VA
Contract Length: Permanent/Live-in
Start Date: Immediately
Working Days: TBD
Salary: DOE (please provide your salary requirements), full benefits package, and living accommodations
Must pass full background and reference check
For more information, please refer to our candidate page: FAQ Candidates
|Job Category||Closed Job|