Busy UES NYC family are seeking a Houseman to bring on staff for their NYC town home. This is a newly renovated five (5) story home, with a staff of approximately 5 others (housekeepers, laundress, chef, driver, afternoon children’s care). The Houseman will aid the Housekeepers with vacuuming, mopping the basement, taking out garbage cans and trash, cleaning the stairs, helping with all needs that are not limited to light handyman familiarity (plumbing, electrical), setting up and climbing ladders to clean hard to reach areas, running errands (car would be helpful), shuttling food and other needs between home in the city and one in Connecticut.
Other duties for the Houseman may include house sitting in the Town Home in NYC, when family are traveling, pet care/walking dog at the end of the night, helping with dinner parties – set up, breakdown, dishes and helping to clean kitchen at the end of the events. Taking in packages and being aware of the security systems and how to use tech gadgets or being tech friendly.
Good all-rounder Houseman who is a generally joyful personality, likes to work as a team with other very lovely and kind people, quiet and respectful of the family’s home and boundaries, helpful and proactive, ability to drive for errands (not family members), and can do flexible longer hours if needed and/or weekends.
Details and requirements:
- Monday-Friday OR Tuesday-Saturday (with flexibility)
- 9am-6 or 7pm (overtime will be worked into salary)
- Great benefits offered
- Salary DOE (when applying please state your salary expectations)
- Must be able to walk up/down 5 flights of stairs throughout the day
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to work weeknights at times and weekends
- Flexible with schedule
- Good with children and pets
- Pass a background check, and have stellar references
- Ability to drive on occasion to run errands from NY to CT or elsewhere (having your own car is a plus but not required)
For more information, please review our candidate page: FAQ Candidates
|Job Category||Closed Job|