GARDENING ASSISTANT – PROPERTY MAINTENANCE ASSISTANT FOR SANTA MONICA RESIDENCE
The gardening assistant – property maintenance assistant will work under and established, long term 20 year employee of the family. Staff have worked together for this family for many years (15-20+ years). They are not looking for a new way of doing things, they are looking for someone to train the way they have figured out what works. Someone who is willing to ask lots of questions to find out history of how things have been done in the past – what works, what doesn’t and why. Family is environmentally friendly and runs household and properties consistent with this value. Conservative in water use, no toxic chemical without pre-approval, no waste when possible. No blowers; brooms are used on large areas to be swept daily. Good working conditions, lovely family, no pets, or children.
Half of the assistants time will be spent on seasonal needs of the organic vegetable garden and landscaping and the other half will be assisting with property cleaning and maintenance. A true team player with a great attitude is what we are seeking!
Property – outside household
- Sweep property daily
- Cleaning, dusting, shampooing outdoor furniture
- Cleaning skylights weekly
- Cleaning windows in between semi-annual service
- Clean household screens – lightly w vacuum as needed
- Clean solar panels every 3 wks. or when needed
- Clean stone patio with machine 1 x month
- Dust – spider webs, sensors weekly
- Clean BBQ and BBQ covers as needed
- Clean outdoor spaces – glass bridge flooring
- Clean pond filter and pump 1 x month
- Lubricate tools, machines, and doors
- Checking weather stripping and seals for potential leaking
- Clean and wash sculptures on properties
- Track routine and repetitive jobs
- Make small repairs,
- Capable of lifting heavy objects when needed, strong, good stamina,
- Change air filters for A/C units
- Clean metal doors frames
- Rainy days projects – cleaning inside high area where housekeeps can’t get too.
- Clean upstairs decks weekly, and lower walls
- Assisting with garden projects
- Weeding, digging, seasonal chores, garden projects, composting, lifting, familiar with gardening tools, and basic garden knowledge.
- Monitor birds’ habits – aware of bird damage, pooping, find ways to detour
- Look for damage to property – evidence for termites, rats, mice, ants, etc.
- Honest, reliable, hard working.
- Able to be team player
- Attention to details – observant
- Follows directions
- Common sense
- Good use of time
- Able to take advise or suggestions
- Able to investigate problems
- Self – motivated
- Writes things down
- Keeps tracks of routine jobs
- Basic knowledge of tools uses mechanics of household and garden.
- Can learn household systems,
- Can learn emergency procedures and shut off values, etc.
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Contract Length: Full-time/permanent
Start Date: Immediate
Working Days: Monday through Friday
Working Hours: 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM
Salary: $30 per hour, benefits with health insurance (after 90 days), and vacation and holidays offered (TBD)
Must pass full background and reference check.
For more information, please refer to our candidate page: FAQ Candidates
|Job Category||Closed Job|
|Salary||$30 per hour|