FULL TIME LIVE-IN HOUSEKEEPER OR DOMESTIC COUPLE FOR PRIVATE FAMILY ON THE UES, NY
HNW family with 6-year-old child is seeking a Full-Time Live-In Domestic Housekeeper/Cook for live-out Domestic Couple (if a couple, one must drive) for a semi-formal home. You would be joining an existing staff.
Based in a 6-story Townhouse on the Upper East Side. Willing to travel with the family in the summer to their homes in Orange County, NY (July) and in Southampton, NY (August). Car provided for work use. 7 Day Live-In – You would return to the UES townhouse on the weekends in the summer.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, flexibility for occasional weekends preferable.
Duties Include (but not limited to):
- Cleaning and Organizing
- Daily Tidying
- Laundry with Ironing
- Organization of closets and home office spaces
- Plan weekly menu, including grocery shopping and cooking
- Inventory Management of household supplies
- Running other errands as needed
- Pet care (cats/small dog)
- Manage second housekeeper to complete task
- Occasional serving of dinner
- Occasional childcare if coverage needed (age 6 – dinner, bedtime)
- Driving as needed
- 3+ years of experience as a private housekeeper or Domestic Couple for a HNW family
- Proficient in English and able to communicate easily (including via text)
- Excellent listening skills, discreet
- Self-starter, physically fit (able to easily go up 6 flights of stairs)
- Positive thinker, proactive, observant, able to work independently
- Team mentality, able to be flexible as needed
- Covid Vaccinated
- Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record
- Must have verifiable references
- Must pass stringent background check (criminal, financial, driving record, etc.)
Accommodations at each location provided:
Both the housekeeper and couple would be required to live-in.
UES Townhouse: Private bedroom and bathroom on a separate floor of the townhouse. The living room and kitchen on that floor would be shared with two other 9-5 staff members during work hours only. Orange County Home (4 weeks for the first half of the summer): Studio apartment setup with kitchenette in a separate guest house detached from the main home.
Southampton Home (6 weeks for the second half of the summer): Private bedroom, shared bathroom with the 6 year old child.
Please note: The housekeeper/couple would be asked to return to the UES Townhouse on the weekends in the summer.
The family is offering relocation assistance for the right candidate(s).
Location: UES, New York, NY
Contract Length: Full-time/permanent
Schedule: Monday-Friday hours TBD and flexibility for weekends
Salary: DOE- please submit salary requirements, health insurance (after 1 month of employment), 401k, and 2 weeks PTO annually – dates are to be mutually agreed upon, generally taken when family travels abroad
Must pass background and reference check
For more information about what we require and to be considered please review: FAQ Candidates
|Job Category||Closed Job|