EXPERIENCED LIVE-IN HOUSE MANAGER FOR MIDDLE EASTERN FAMILY
Our client is seeking an experienced House Manager who is legally able to work in the US. For cultural reasons, the House Manager must be female.
The position is live-in and due to confidentiality, we have been asked not to advertise the exact location. Candidates who are chosen to interview will be given the location and more details.The residence is a holiday location so the family are not on property all year long.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This is a diverse and extremely challenging ‘’hands on role’’ with overall responsibility and accountability of the entire household operation.
- Management and supervision of all Household Staff including organizing all domestic staff’s schedules and staff rotation
- Oversee all Housekeeping teams to ensure high standards are met. Assign duties for all Teams. Apply knowledge of all Housekeeping techniques. Conduct spontaneous checks. Continuous following up is a must
- Responsible for scheduling staff vacations throughout the year
- Possess extensive knowledge of Food and Beverage Operations. Responsible for organizing events on all scales and maintaining high levels of service to the family
- Purchasing both locally and internationally
- Responsible for keeping Household Inventory Supplies on a regular basis
- Responsible for following up on all maintenance issues to ensure that they are completed to a high standard. Solve emergency maintenance issues which may arise with direct coordination with the Maintenance Department
- Co-ordinate logistics of transporting the main operation (Domestic Staff) to the other 3 locations
- Liaise with other departments (Logistics, Maintenance, Horticulture, Communications) when required by the Household
The Household Manager will be involved in the following in co-ordination with the HR Department within the operation:
- Perform regular assessment of staff which includes planning staff development to ensure the best utilization of their skills
- Provide the HR Department with employee’s weekly staff ROTA’s
- Identify staff training needs and implement training programs
- Solve problems within the operation with approved policies and procedures
- Provide personal recommendations for hiring, suspending and terminating employees
- Conduct all annual staff performance evaluations
- Maintain a healthy working environment to build effective employee relations to retain good employees
- Strong managerial/leadership skills with proven experience of managing private residences with more than 5+ years’ experience
- Possess excellent knowledge of floor supervision, public areas, office management, work with textiles, fabrics and other materials, use of cleaning materials and equipment, laundry, and scheduling administration
- Able to work and perform under pressure
- Able to delegate responsibilities
- Highly organized and able to perform multiple tasks with ease and calmness
- Able to manage large teams of people
- Able to communicate with different cultures
- Problem solving abilities
- To be able to train all staff (butlers/laundry and Housekeeping) in their appropriate area’s
- Confidentiality and familiarity with working in this environment
- Ability to be flexible and work unsociable hours
- Proficient in using MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Superb command of the English language both written and oral
The role is 5 days a week and employment will follow Jordanian labor laws not US labor laws. Previous experience working in Europe or the Middle East is preferred.
The client would like candidates to present their salary expectation when applying.
As well as being legally able to work in the US, you would also need a driving license.
Location: Southern California (location will be disclosed to interviewing candidates)
Schedule: Monday-Friday with weekend flexibility
Salary: $80k-$100k DOE and 30 days paid holiday allowance
Must pass full background and reference check.
For more information, please refer to our candidate page: FAQ Candidates
|Job Category||Closed Job|
|Benefits||30 days paid holiday|