EXPERIENCED HOUSEMAN NEEDED FOR BUSY FAMILY IN BEVERLY HILLS, CA
A busy family is looking for a highly competent and detail oriented houseman to work at multiple significant estates. Flexible, energetic and able to maintain decorum and exude a positive household in the work environment is a must. This is for a very large estate in Beverly Hills with a full staff, so you must work well as a team in a corporate structure.
- Inspects the building, grounds, and equipment. Maintenance and other general work outside and inside the home in order to keep the home and property presentable and running smoothly.
- Performs general repairs that do not require a specialized technician both internally and externally. Examples may include repairing drywall, painting, and repairing doors and other building fixtures.
- Performs routine maintenance on building systems.
- Complies with all company safety regulations.
- Reports any issues to the estate manager.
- Responds to repair and maintenance requests in a timely fashion.
- Loads and unloads equipment and tools into work vehicles if needed.
- Follows written and verbal instructions from the maintenance manager or vendors.
- Collaborates with the maintenance team and contractors as needed.
- Uses equipment, including power tools, hand tools, electric tools, and plumbing tools.
- Cleans and assists with upkeep of the facilities.
- Orders supplies and materials needed for repairs and maintenance.
- Troubleshoots issues to determine necessary repairs.
- Adjust furniture, desk items, and appliances when necessary
- Reports maintenance concerns via work order requests to appropriate personnel
- Immediately report any safety hazards, injuries, maintenance problems, or accidents
- Empties trash receptacles
- Monitors and reports on the inventory of cleaning supplies
- Provide assistance at family events, supporting the logistical needs such as catering and guest coordination (i.e. coat check, etc.)
- Rotates between multiple properties in the Los Angeles area as needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CHARACTER SKETCH:
- 2+ years’ experience required in Private Service and significant luxury estate management
- A certification in building maintenance is a plus.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and work standing for the duration of the shift
- Resourceful, experienced and proficient at juggling multiple items simultaneously
- Self-starter, can work independently and without direction/supervision
- Availability to work on weekends and travel when needed
- Able to communicate effectively and readily with principals
- Able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation of any limitations you may have to performing those essential functions
- Able to work legally in the United States
- Possesses a valid driver’s license, with an acceptable driving record; can be insured at no material increment in cost.
*Regular and predicable on-site attendance is an essential function and requirement for the role
Location: Beverly Hills, CA
Contract Length: Full-time/permanent
Start Date: Immediate
Schedule:Full-time/Tuesday-Saturday, 9:30/10 AM-6:30/7:00 PM with a paid 30 minute lunch break
Salary: $35 per hour/DOE, bonuses, 401k, 10 days paid vacation, and full benefits
Must pass background and reference check
For more information about what we require and to be considered please review: FAQ Candidates
|Job Category||Closed Job|
|Salary||$40 per hour/DOE|
|Benefits||Full benefits and bonuses|