A private family in Washington, D.C. is seeking an exceptional Estate Manager. Due to the nature of this role, please understand that applications without at least 7 years of Estate Management experience will not be considered. Plus for those living in the D.C. area, but this family will relocate for a stellar resume/background.
- Unparalleled leadership ability. You know how to create a safe work environment and how to effectively lead domestic staff.
- Minimum of 7+ years of relevant experience working in private homes 7,000 sq. ft or larger, celebrity clientele history preferred.
- Understands that the highest levels of confidentiality and discretion are required.
- Superior project management skills.
- Excellent Human resources management skills.
- Outstanding references from both current and previous employers. References will be verified.
- Superb command of the English language, both written and oral, is required.
- General understanding of household mechanical systems, appliances, technology and routine maintenance practices of these systems.
- Possesses superior process and time management skills.
- Low key, meticulous, personable character.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Valid driver’s license with a perfect driving record.
- Legal to work in the United States.
- Able to pass an extensive background check, including criminal and credit checks.
- Manage day to day affairs while maintaining high standards and efficiencies; ensuring consistency of standards, procedures, and services.
- Create and oversee a working schedule for household operations and maintenance. Providing principals with an annual maintenance schedule.
- Execute ad hoc errands upon request.
- Manage household calendar, appointments, inventories, budgets, maintain schedules for the family, plan vacations and make travel arrangements.
- Managing the household staff and schedules to include the Morning Nanny, Chef, House Cleaning and Laundry team, and Sitters.
- Apply organizational skills to keep house and garage orderly, items and papers in rightful place or one created, leverage labeling and maintain efficiency.
- Oversee and ensure proper cross-training of employees and weekend babysitters is executed.
- Create and update household reference manuals.
- Ensure Chef is communicating effectively to provide healthy meals and grocery ordering and organizing.
- Important to have basic cooking skills for occasional meal prep.
- Wardrobe management, packing & unpacking for Principals. The House Manager will curate lists of specific packing items depending on location. Clothes management, specifically laundry and care of fine clothes, will be coordinated with a Laundress and a Personal Stylist.
- Coordinate with Principals to plan and execute for events throughout the year.
- Manage residential calendars, mail, correspondence, packages.
- Manage payroll and bill paying for vendors, utilities, insurance and other financial needs as directed by the Principals.
- Manage and maintain vehicle maintenance schedules, arrange vehicle service and rentals as required, occasional chauffeur duties.
- Manage, inventory and care of fine art, antiques, and wine collection.
- Hire and manage any contractors to include identifying repair or maintenance needs, selecting, negotiating cost, and scheduling vendors: IT/Security, Lawn care, Plumber, Electrician, Rug or Upholstery Cleaners, etc.
- Supervise and monitor contractors working on property when on site, and coordinate with household staff to meet vendors and communicate photos and updates when off-site.
- Ensure all indoor and outdoor areas of the house are properly maintained.
- Contact the Employers immediately, or as soon as possible, upon the occurrence of any household emergency.
Location: Washington D.C.
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 40+ hours per week with some flex for evenings/weekends
Salary: DOE and Benefits TBD
Must pass full background and reference check.
For more information, please refer to our candidate page: FAQ Candidates
|Job Category||Closed Job|