Personal/Executive Assistant for a senior leader in a large research organization. Our client is seeking a personal assistant to help with two main tasks. The first is to organize many years of papers from client’s work as a professor and researcher. The second is to help manage household remodeling projects. Able to research and speak with contractors for projects, take bids and help with negotiating rates.
Client is seeking a candidate who is well-organized, takes initiative, is enthusiastic, and is interested in working collaboratively to find creative solutions. Excellent with taking charge in a collaborative way, but tactfully and mindfully sharing your opinion.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Experience/skill in organizing files (personal and work-related papers)
- Experience/skill in working with contractors (e.g., drywall, bathroom remodeling)
- Experience/skill in managing purchases (bookshelves, file cabinets)
- Experience/skill in using office software to manage and organize activities (e.g., Excel, Word)
- Well organized, pays attention to detail
- Neat printing/handwriting (for file folders)
- Able to work independently
- If the candidate has a car, it may be useful to drive on errands – for example, visits to contractor showrooms. (client doesn’t have a car)
- Prefer a candidate who doesn’t have a dog – client is sensitive to riding in a car that a dog travels in.
Start date: As soon as possible
Location: Washington, DC
Schedule: Half- time (20 hours per week).
Days and hours per day are flexible. Most of the work will take place in client’s home or separate apartment used as an office. Some work (e.g., contacting potential contractors) could take place from the candidate’s home.
Compensation: Salary and benefits to be negotiated
Duration: Indefinite, expected at least two years
For more information please refer to our candidate page: FAQ Candidates
|Job Category||Closed Job|