EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT FOR MILFORD TOWNSHIP, MICHIGAN FAMILY
Our esteemed clients in Milford Township are actively searching for a seasoned Executive Assistant to oversee the day-to-day operations of their family’s household. This role primarily requires on-site presence, with the flexibility for occasional remote work. We are specifically looking for a candidate based in Michigan, preferably local to Milford, with a minimum of 5 years of proven experience as an Executive Assistant. Please note that we will only consider resumes that precisely match these specifications.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee and coordinate all family calendars and scheduling activities, including aligning the principal’s calendar with her various work calendars and coordinating with her other executive assistants.
- Coordinate comprehensive travel logistics, including booking flights, hotels, and car services, with the ability to create detailed itineraries. Ensure sufficient travel time by checking drive times for each meeting or appointment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with expertise in Word and Excel; experience in efficient document creation and data management
- Manage principal’s personal correspondence; respond to emails and document requests on the principal’s behalf as requested
- Perform miscellaneous household errands and tasks such as dry cleaning pick-up and drop-off, personal shopping, and occasionally providing transportation for family members to appointments
- Organize and create efficient systems to enhance the functionality of the household
- Supervise and provide guidance to housekeeper/elder caregiver on staff. Ensure execution of tasks such as packing/unpacking for travel, daily packing of lunches for the principal, and maintaining and checking household inventory
- Coordinate with contractors and vendors, including a chef, as needed
- Manage all household purchases, including grocery deliveries, cleaning supplies and miscellaneous household and personal items, to maintain a well-stocked home
- Schedule and supervise cleaning services (e.g., professional carpet cleaning, chandelier cleaning/maintenance, window washing)
- Schedule and oversee timely preventative maintenance for home systems, including HVAC, generator, water heater, and softener systems
- Ensure well-kept and functional outdoor spaces, demonstrating knowledge of landscaping and maintaining outdoor systems, including sprinkler systems, seasonal landscaping, and snow removal
- Oversee construction and home renovation projects, with the ability to assist in coordinating home decorating activities
- Purchase, wrap, and ship birthday, holiday, and thank you cards and gifts for extended family and friends, as requested, and coordinate annual holiday card preparation and mailing
- Assist with planning special events (e.g., parties, charity fundraisers), including being onsite for events as needed
- Advance the home and guest rooms prior to guest arrivals (e.g., work with housekeeping to making sure linens are clean, guest bathrooms are well-stocked)
- Research different options based on specifications and provide recommendations (e.g., restaurants, shows, travel destinations, gift ideas, etc.)
- Manage meal delivery services and weekly chef services
This is a full-time role (40 hours) with a regular daytime schedule (TBD), Monday-Friday with the expectation of flexibility and availability to address any special situations that come up outside of normal working hours, such as staying later to prepare for a dinner party, coordinating travel logistics when the principal is traveling, or general household emergencies; travel may be required on occasion
Being vaccinated and boosted is required; must be willing to test for Covid regularly due to working around elderly mother
Must be cat hair-free (principal is allergic to cats)
Location: Milford Township, MI
Contract Length: Full-time/permanent
Schedule: Monday through Friday with flexibility for weekends, holidays, and emergencies. Times are TBD.
Salary and Benefits: $40-45/hour (salaried), health care benefits, cell phone cost reimbursement, and mileage reimbursement.
Must pass background and reference check.
|$40-$45 per hour DOE
|Overtime, health benefits, and mileage reimbursement offered