ESTATE MANAGER, FULL TIME, WEST HOLLYWOOD AND MALIBU, CA
We are looking for an experienced, mature, professional Estate Manager who will take full charge of staff and overall operations at our Principal’s luxury, high end homes in the West Hollywood and Malibu area. The successful candidate will have previous experience in fine homes and/or five-star hotels, and will have managed multiple properties. This individual will have 360 oversight of staffing, household budgets, service levels, systems, procedures, protocols, maintenance, and managing vendors.
Responsibilities General Duties
- Assume responsibility for the homes, maintaining orderly operation and meticulous appearance of staff and systems.
- Ensure easy transitions between residences for both family and staff.
- Act as single point of contact for principals and executive staff.
- Prepare and manage annual budget for homes and properties.
- Maintain updated household calendars/schedules
- Work with staff members to set priorities for their specific positions (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual duties.)
- Full responsibility for coordination and dissemination of Staff Schedule, ensuring appropriate coverage in all residences.
- Lead weekly staff meeting to keep the team advised of upcoming household activities, schedules, and special projects or events.
- Monitor staff levels and report staffing needs to principals. Hire and train new staff as needed.
- Schedule semi-annual reviews of each House Manual to ensure it accurately reflects care and maintenance of newly purchased furniture, art, appliances and equipment. Update Household Manual(s) accordingly.
- Knowledgeable of all household systems, technologies and procedures; create and update household manuals and procedural documentation in a timely manner.
- Develop and lead staff with maintenance, and cleaning activities sustaining a problem-free, up to date home environment while promoting teamwork and professionalism.
- Develop and maintain schedule of maintenance to be performed on weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual basis. Monitor schedule and ensure planned maintenance occurs.
- Schedule and manage contractors/vendors for all repairs or changes to the home. Schedule maintenance workers at times convenient to the day-to-day life of the residence.
- Provide Principals with monthly report recapping planned maintenance that was completed and is scheduled to occur.
Household and Project Management
- Source and coordinate outside vendors including caterers, florists, landscape services, electricians, plumbers.
- Oversee development and maintenance of written household inventories of items including china, silver, linen, glassware. Work with staff to ensure updated, accurate inventory lists.
- Ensure property and its assets are well organized and impeccably maintained and in working order
- Liaise with family office as needed to provide accurate inventory lists for insurance vendors
- Manage and execute special projects (remodels, seasonal / holiday decorating, etc.)
- Oversight of capital improvements, budgets, expenses, petty cash, service providers, sub-contractors, etc.
- Interface with Corporate Office and Personal Assistant to coordinate projects that involve both home and office.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or University and 5 + years’ experience in estate management or relevant work experience. Previous management experience at a 5 Star hotel setting will be considered.
- Understands that the utmost in confidentiality and discretion is required.
- Proactive and anticipatory, with a service heart.
- An elegant yet pragmatic personal presence.
- A natural leader and creative problem solver. Ability to inspire trust, lead and facilitate with strong interpersonal skills and move from ideas to outcomes.
- Strong leadership skills leading and working alongside a team to accomplish a wide variety of tasks.
- Excellent management and executive level communication skill with a superb command of the English language, both written and oral.
- Superior process, project, and time-management skills. Project management is essential, ability to work under tight deadlines and pressure; follows through to completion.
- Willing to accept instruction and conform to employers’ preferences.
- A keen understanding of social etiquette, formal and informal service, and boundaries.
- Well educated in luxury items such as fine art and antiques, proper social etiquette and cultural knowledge.
- Proficient with computers and aware of current household and business technologies to include smart home systems.
- Strong financial and negotiation skills.
Company Benefits: Unlimited Paid Time Off | Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision options | Health Savings Account | 401(k) match up to 6%
Location: West Hollywood, CA and Malibu, CA
Hours: Full time (with occasional evenings and weekends)
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
|Job Category||Closed Job|