CHIEF OF STAFF/ESTATE MANAGER FOR MULTIPLE RESIDENCES IN NEW YORK
Family based out of New York City is seeking a Chief of Staff/Estate Manager to support their family and homes with additional Personal Assistant duties. There are three (3) residences: Manhattan, South Hampton, and Rye, NY. Traveling between these 3 homes is involved, a relocation from one of the homes to another home in spring of 2023 will be required. Someone great with inventories, experience with household moves (what to keep/sell/donate with principals) is appreciated.
Strong leadership skills are necessary, someone who shares the principal’s vision and ensures that all staff are headed toward the same goals. The Chief of Staff safeguards that staff will operate at a high level and will help to create an approachable culture within the homes with established staff in place. Proactive not reactive personality type preferred here. An ability to aid the principal and provide advice, options and suggestions versus stepping in and taking over.
- Traveling and doing walk-throughs across the three (3) properties
- Oversee and support the staff; get to know each role so that you can train, manage and if needed, step in for a staff member
- Develop SOP’s and house manuals for each residence
- Research, schedule, and oversee vendors/contractors
- Negotiation of vendor/contractor contracts or work proposals while creating/maintaining a vendor list
- Perform periodic audits
- Staff sourcing, hiring, and onboarding
- Handle all staff scheduling, HR, PTO requests, benefits, and annual performance reviews
- Create shared digital systems for principals, staff, and properties
- Asset Management
- Expense and budget reports
- Be willing to do Personal Assistant support (research, travel itineraries, errands, returns, purchases, coordinating events, etc.)
- Tech savvy
- Good with computers and apps, devices (required skills)
- Create a housekeeping manual that will include “how-to’s”, “inventory lists”, guest arrival/departure procedures, proper cleaning techniques and laundry services
- Work in conjunction with the Property Manager (this person does the oversight of systems, but the Chief of Staff will oversee their work)
- Assimilates well into a household, keeping the team atmosphere that is already established
- Good with children; there is one small hypo-allergenic dog
Location: New York City, South Hampton, and Rye, NY
Start Date: Immediate
Schedule: Monday-Friday, approximately 9am-5/6pm; 40+ hours per week with evening and weekend availability (on-call mindset in the event of emergencies)
Salary: DOE plus stipend towards benefits and 401k after about 6 months
Must pass full background and reference check.
Covid Vaccination Required!
For more information, please refer to our candidate page: FAQ Candidates
|Job Category||Closed Job|
|Benefits||stipend towards benefits and 401k after about 6 months|