Prominent Silicon Valley family looking for a meticulous career estate manager to spearhead all operations and upkeep of estate. In this role, you will be required to oversee the daily operations of the estate and the family. The right fit will be someone with a strong work ethic, calm under pressure, and a team player with no ego. Able to stay organized with thorough follow-up, and flexible with hours/days worked.
The candidate will work closely with the owner to have a clear understanding of preferences and taste to properly supervise and implement processes that are coherent with the owner’s expectations. Qualified candidates can work independently and can multitask to oversee a myriad of responsibilities and an ever-changing list of priorities.
- Regularly meet with the owner to discuss plans, events, and general estate requirements, and act as point of contact for owners, providing updates on household activity, scheduled maintenance and state of staff
- Complete oversight of estate; maintaining consistency of standards, procedures and services
- Establish friendly relationship with children and assist in scheduling and executing their activities
- Order and maintain personal stock of household supplies, including food and drinks
- Organize, pack, ship and receive deliveries and packages for household
- Oversee all events and dinner parties, including coordinating with guests and their preferences, event set up and take down, working as a team with chef and sommelier
- Assist with packing for family trips
- Contact, screen, propose and oversee vendors
- Negotiate and manage contracts, supervise work and review invoices
- Supervise and coordinate on-site activities and provide day-to-day direction of staff
- Prepare realistic plans to address needs and conduct regular walkthroughs of daily checklist
- Work with, schedule, supervise and upkeep of maintenance schedules for household vendors: landscapers, HVAC, electrician, plumbing, etc.
- Supervise construction and renovation projects from design to coordination of schedules, inspections during various construction phases, minoring permits and daily oversight of contractors, ensuring that projects are executed in accordance of designs, budgets, schedules and take appropriate action to minimize impact of deviations
- Review and train staff (hotel-style attitude and discretion are key) and keep accurate records of all employees
- Demonstrate high-end design sensibilities and appreciation of aesthetic quality
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience as an estate manager, with previous experience in both hotels and households
- Must love dogs, children, and have experience managing busy school and activity calendars, as well as keeping up to date medical records, coordinating routine appointments, having emergency kits, veterinarian appointments, etc.
- Sensitive to pricing and cost for all purchases
- Strong network to assist with filling vacant positions
- Strong administrative and operations experience, including hiring, firing, supervising staff, managing expenses, P/L, QuickBooks (or an alternative accounting program), payroll, human resources, NDAs, etc.
- Demonstrated experience of overseeing contractors and renovation projects-multiple properties
- Possess superior organizational, process and time management skills
- Outstanding references from both current and previous employers
- Flexible scheduling with an availability to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Valid driver’s license with a perfect driving record
- Candidate must exude high EQ, integrity, reliability and trustworthiness
Salary DOE with amazing benefits package offered. Ability to commit to a 4 week trial preferred. Relocation offered for candidates that meet all desired criteria. Preference is for a local California candidate.
For more information on what is required to apply, please visit FAQ Candidates
|Job Category||Closed Job|